By it, I mean junior year. Seriously, where has the time gone? Syllabus week is already over & my planner is FULL of due dates, test dates, and more. My favorite thing about a new school year (other than knowing football starts soon) is getting a new planner! I have had a Lilly Pulitzer agenda and a Kate Spade agenda – and loved them both. However, junior year called for the Erin Condren Life Planner that kept popping up on my Facebook news feed.
I’ve always been an organized person, but juggling sorority life, a job, five classes, and a social life calls for excessive organization in the form of color coded everything! So, here’s some tips on how to stay organized with a planner!
- First off (and I swear by this) get colored pens – Whether your a gel pen, Sharpie pen, or felt tip pen kind of person get colored pens. Personally I love the PaperMate Flair felt tip pens. They don’t bleed through to the other side of the page. I have almost every color but these particular pens came in the tropical vacation limited edition package.
- Make a key for your planner – include colors and symbols for everything you will be writing down (trust me, this helps so much)
- Add important due dates and events in your montly view – this allows you to easily see your month at a glance and help you know whats coming up in the weeks ahead
- Add a more detailed explaination of each event written on the montly view in your weekly view – here is where I write times, locations, and other important info to do with what is written in the montly view
- Write out a to-do list for each day – this includes any homework, reading assignments, etc. (prioritize this list for even more organization)
This week isn’t full yet (but just becasue it’s only Monday). Also, I am so excited to be a grandbig & welcome a new ZTA to the family.
- Take advantage of the stickers that come with the planner – these not only help to keep your planner organized but they liven it up to make your life seem a lot less stressful!
- Another very important tip: always, I mean always, have white out handy when writing in your planner
Feel free to leave a comment & let me know how you stay organized and keep your planner!