Recently I have become more interested in perfecting my beauty routine – including my makeup. I have invested in some products that I now realize I cannot live without; these are them.
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked 3 Palette: This palette beats all others (however, I do not have the Naked Smoky yet & I believe it could give 3 a run for its money). I am all about neutrals and the rose-hued shades in 3 are perfect. Clearly, my favorites are Strange, Dust, Nooner, and Liar.
2. NYX Wonder Stick: The NYX Wonder Stick is a duel-ended highlight and contour applicator. This makes the ever daunting task of highlighting and contouring super simple. After applying, just use a blender (one of my other favorite products) to even out the lines. The Wonder Stick comes in 3 different shades and even a universal shade for those of you that are like me and can never seem to get a good match.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This stuff is the product I have used the most. I bought this Primer Potion in Fall of 2014, I use it every day, and I still have some left! “A little goes a long way” definitely applies to using this primer. I got the Sin shade way back when, and now the primer is revamped and is in a gorgeous new packaging, with an applicator, and the new name Minor Sin (a more sheer version of Sin). I use this primer every day either by itself as a light, neutral shadow or as a base to create a long lasting, crease free shadow.
4. Blending Sponge: I just recently got one of these, and I love it! I never really needed one (because all of my makeup was some sort of powder) until I started using the cream highlight and contour. I love my blending sponge and you can get a similar one for as cheap as $5.00.
5. First Aid Beauty Slow Glow Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturizer: I got this sample size moisturizer as a free gift along with one of my last makeup purchases and I am so glad I did. I have been looking everywhere for a good moisturizer, and this one fits the bill. My face does not tan well (that could be because I always cover it with sunscreen and a hat), so I need something to keep its shade coherent with the rest of my body. It has ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, mango seed butter, shea butter and aloe vera, is very light-weight, and absorbs quickly. I apply this moisturizer every morning after splashing my face a few times with cold water.
6. Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick: Last but not least, bow down to the Lipstick Queen because Frog Prince Lipstick is the best I have ever found. I love lipstick and think it adds so much to a look (if you get the right color), however I hate when my lipstick runs, wears off, dries out my lips, cracks, or any other horrific thing lipstick does. However, this lipstick is long-lasting, oh so moisturizing, and gives you the perfect shade of rosebud pink. Literally, it gives you you’re own perfect shade by reacting with the warmth of your lips! I am dying to get my hands on more Lipstick Queen.
These are my makeup favorites; let me know yours in the comments.