Let me start by apologizing that I have been non-existent in the blogosphere lately. With UA Homecoming thrown on top of my already packed class and work schedule (along with apartment and internship hunting), my last few weeks have been a whirlwind. However, the good news is: I am back (hopefully) and I have a lot of post ideas brewing.
During these past couple weeks my obsession and anxiety with the approaching season has not subsided any; it has only increased. The weather has finally started to cool down (it’s still a high of 80 almost every day, but that is progress), it is officially October, and I have hit midterm time.
The Tide is traveling to my home state, Arkansas, this upcoming weekend to face off against the Hogs. I am taking advantage of the away game and Ben (my boyfriend who lives 300+ miles from me) is getting to come visit! In preparation, I am coming up with some fall date ideas for us (and you too). Enjoy!
- Pick out the perfect pumpkin at your local pumpkin patch
- Drive around and have your own fall test tasting game – visit local coffee shops & bakeries to taste all of their seasonal specialties and rate them
- Go for a hike somewhere new & take along your four-legged friend
- Pick fresh apples at a local apple orchard
- Build a bonfire & roast s’mores (live in an apartment? make s’more indoors)
- Snuggle and watch a movie marathon (one of the best classic movies set in fall: You’ve Got Mail a.k.a my mom’s favorite movie)
- Make homemade hot chocolate & don’t forget the marshmallows – want to get creative? Use this to create different flavors!
- Have a football watching party, just the two of you, filled with typical game day food
- Do good: make a grocery store run to get your favorite canned goods and drop them off at a local food bank, visit the animal shelter and donate food / toys, or clean out your closet and donate the clothes
- Create a shared fall bucket list – make it for all the fall seasons to come
- Enjoy a picnic in the crisp fall breeze
- Make caramel apples (from the ones you picked in the orchard)
- Get the ingredients to make your favorite soup – or make a new soup that could be your favorite soup as a couple!
- Carve a pumpkin (I always save this one for Fall Break)
- Walk through a corn maze or haunted house hand-in-hand
- Make a blanket fort – maybe even tell ghost stories
- Bake – a pie, a cake, muffins, cookies, anything!
- Go to a carnival or fall festival & don’t pass up the candy apples
- Find a book in Barnes & Noble, grab a PSL, and read together
- Fall in love
Okay the last one is cheesy, but I couldn’t resist! What are your favorite fall dates? Let me know in the comments below or personally through the contact page! Also, share this post with the photo below (it is perfect for Pinterest).