My Meme sleighs Christmas (sorry for the cheesy pun). Not only does she put up a gorgeous tree with a ridiculous amount of lights but she redecorates the entire house – including each bedroom and the china hutches. Everyone has a stack of gifts wrapped in their very own paper; if you are younger than 5 years old your stack will be taller than you.
The decorations create a magical atmosphere to rip open gifts (and gifts and gifts). But what really makes you know it is Christmas time at Meme’s house is when you walk in and the counters are covered with baking ingredients and you’re hit with a wall of fresh-baked-cookie smell.
There are chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter blossoms, decorated cut out sugar cookies, creme wafers, chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, white chocolate fudge, and more. I live off of a sugar high the days leading up to Christmas, and my favorite treat is the peanut butter fudge.
Peanut Butter Budge
Rich, sweet, creamy candy.
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 can evaporated milk
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a pot.
- Cook to 234 degrees; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and mix in marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and peanut butter.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined pan.
- Let harden; cut into bit sized pieces with pizza cutter.
You can even add nuts to the recipe; just mix them in between steps 3 and 4.